|Posted By: Taylor Madison Associates LLC |
|Reference ID: taylormadisonassociates.com |
|Industry: Food, Beverage |
|Job Type: Full Time |
|Location: Queens, NY United States |
|Experience Req: 3 to 5 years |
My client Food Distribution Company is looking for a Payroll Manager to join their team. This is a FT position that reports directly to the Director of Human Resources. My client offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, retirement savings, paid vacation, and much more. Candidates must be an expert in running and processing weekly payroll using a well-known payroll system and handling benefit administration. This is an ideal position for a candidate who has excellent Accounting & Payroll experience with some HR knowledge.
Payroll Responsibilities :
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of weekly payroll including, benefits and taxes compliant with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Maintains well documented and well organized payroll records.
- Responds to employees’ questions regarding pay checks, benefits and W2 forms.
- Researches and works with HR and Finance team and PAYCOM to correct payroll errors to include balance adjustment, manual check processing for over/under payments and quarterly amendments.
- Maintains accuracy and integrity of timekeeping system by auditing and correcting issues.
- Critically reviews and analyzes current payroll practices and procedures in order to recommend and implement positive changes and solutions. Creates and maintains Payroll Practices and Procedures policies and Payroll Manual.
- Reconciles benefit vendor invoices and payroll deduction reports.
- Prepares Audit schedules for the company annual audits and tax return.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries regarding chargebacks.
- Aide in disputes for any unauthorized vendor deductions.
- Monitor vendor accounts for non-payment and delayed payment and initiate collections on past due accounts.
- Identify and resolve any discrepancies in the accounting records.
- Works with HR to ensure new hires, terminations and related employee changes paperwork (FLSA status, compensation, FMLA administration, part-and full-time status) and action items are processed timely and accurately.
- Generates reports for monthly, quarterly and annual dashboards. Prepares various government regulated reports and surveys, including but not limited to compensation, EEO, etc.
- Assists with special functions, employee events, health and benefits enrollment and other activities as directed.
- Process employee expense reports and ensure compliance with the Company’s travel and entertainment policy.
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of all Federal, state and local labor laws
- B.A. Accounting/or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in Payroll/Accounting, Human Resources
- Experience processing payroll, including time and attendance and PTO tracking
- Experience in benefits administration with programs such as medical, dental, vision, FSA, life insurance, 401(k), COBRA.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Must have extensive using QuickBooks…
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, must be a self-starter and have impeccable attention to detail, and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and computational skills
|Job Record Number: 16 |
|Apply For This Job |
|Back To Job Listings |
Visitors Online: 1 | Total Visitors: 256,271
© Taylor Madison Associates, Inc. | Site By BSM